Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chinese New Year




The Year of the Rabbit, 2011




The Chinese New Year began February 3rd, and ushers in a time when sensitivity, creativity, prudence, and diplomacy will be rewarded. After the ups and downs of 2010 we look forward to a relatively calmer year in 2011. In Chinese astrology the rabbit is associated with home and family, art and aesthetic sensibilities, dependability, flexibility and diplomacy.




There will be more opportunities this year to relax, enjoy entertaining loved ones, pursue artistic and aesthetic interests and enjoy the finer things of life. In a rabbit year we are encouraged to act with discretion; to enjoy the benefits of a time of greater ease without falling into self indulgence. It is a good time to cultivate family and global harmony, and to show our love through our actions. Keep an eye out for new partnerships that may be formed this year that will be beneficial to all. These new partners will require careful cultivation. Pay attention to how your words and actions affect those around you. Those who are able to tactfully negotiate complex personal or business issues will shine in a rabbit year. We may all be asked to act with greater discretion, and to make reasonable concessions in our dealings with others.




What areas of your life might benefit from cultivating the sensitivity, creativity, and diplomacy available in a rabbit year?




  • Am I willing to take the time to rest when I am over tired?

  • What leisure activities have i been missing?

  • Am I aware of beauty and harmony in my environment

  • How can I contribute toward beauty and harmony in my environment?

  • Are there artistic pursuits I have been longing to try?

  • In what area of my life may more discretion be called for?

  • How are my relationships with my co-workers? my family members? my community?

  • Could I benefit from cultivating diplomacy at work? at home? in my community?

  • What is my role in keeping the peace?

  • In what areas of my life would i welcome new mutually beneficial partnerships?

  • Is there anything I am doing to block receiving new partners?

  • Am I able to trust others?

  • Do others consider me to be trustworthy?


In contrast to the great external changes of 2010,the coming year will be characterized by the greater changes in the inner aspects of our lives. Through self reflection, hard work on the inner landscape will be well rewarded. We will each have our part to play in keeping the peace as we walk forward confidently into the unknown.


Looking forward to a great prosperous and enlightening 2011.


-Steve Fischer

President
Vend NW Distributing



No comments:

Post a Comment